Sunday, December 2, 2012

Sunshine Through Darkness




 Through my sixteen years on this planet life has decitetfully taught me a lot of lessons. Some lessons less more impactful than others but they all have helped shape me to be the person i am today When life give you lemons you make beef stew. Life will always throw you curve balls its on us to determine how we swing on it.

Back in elementary school there was this incident that that was a foreshadowing to what high school has taught me. In elementary school in fourth grade i hung with mainly two people who will remain unnamed. These two people did not like this other boy for a reason i believe was silly. So like how most problems were handled we planed out how we were going to jump him while on his way home. The opportunity presented itself and we pounced on, my two "friends" ran after him and began to assault the other young you man. Now me being raised by a Jamaican mother with strong morals, I began to think about what would happen to me if I joined in to beat this young man. Now still being young and dumb instead of going home, or trying to break the fight up I stayed and watch him get beat. The next day the young man and his mother came to the school picking out who did this to her son. The school counselor eventually found me and the other two boys and brought us into his office. When the interrigation began the two boys had made it up in their mind that they weren't going to take the fall for what happened, so they began to lie and say that i was the one that planed it and began to beat the young man up. Due to the good nature of the young man he told the counselor and his mother that i did'tn lay a finger on him. I tell you this story because in life you should be careful of who you call your friends, because those friends are the same ones who will run you up a tree to protect their hides as soon as the oppurtunity presents itself.

Life will not always be nice toward you and go the way you want it to go, but its on us to bounce back from whatever life throws at us and not let it keep us down. This is something I learned while on vacation in Jamaica with my family a couple years ago. I was walking around in some water that was at my shoulder level and then boom i lost my footing on slippery rock, and the water quickly rose pass my head. My whole body was submerged under water, in a few moments a felt the want for oxygen increase, then someone  came and shot me up out of the water. I never told that person thank you for what he did, but believe me it was greatly appreciated. Now right after that trip my mother had planed for us to go to the beach. I could have said i don't want to go to the beach, but i wast'n going to let what had happened to me keep me down from enjoying life and all it has to offer. Just because something bad has happened to you does not mean that your life is over, get out and try to enjoy life to the fullest.    

http://friendship.about.com/od/Toxic_Friends/a/Are-Your-Friends-A-Good-Influence.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment